COUNTY ASSESSOR 2011 MAP BOOK & ROAD ATLAS NOW AVAILABLE CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION AND PRICING. CLICK HERE FOR SAMPLES.
The County Assessor's Office values property (which includes real property; manufactured homes; corporate property; livestock; and business personal property) in order to fund the cost of local government (Torrance County, the Town of Estancia, Mountainair, Willard, Encino and the City of Moriarty) and the public school districts (Estancia, Moriarty-Edgewood and Mountainair), emergency services (sheriff, fire departments and ambulance), and special taxing districts (East Torrance, Claunch Pinto, Carrizozo and Edgewood Soil and Water Conservation Districts).
What We Do
Accept & process reports from property owners.
- List and identify location of property.
- Collect, analyze and interpret market and cost trends.
- We DO NOT tax your property, but value it for property tax purposes.
- Value property in conformance with professional standards of the International Association of Assessing Officers and the laws of the State of New Mexico.
- Apply state laws that exempt certain properties and also allow for lower values for long term residential property owners.
- Report to the property owner the value of their property through the Notice of Value in April annually.
- Defend the value placed on the property at the Valuation Protest Board.
Betty Cabber - County Assessor (2011-2014) - Email
Jesse Lucero - Deputy County Assessor Ext. 8 - E m a i l
Nick E. Sedillo - New Mexico Certified/Chief Appraiser - Ext. 7 - Email
Greg Richard - NM Certified Appraiser - Ext. 4 - Email
H. Geno Jones - Residential/Commercial Appraiser I - Ext. 5 - Email
Bill Holt - NM Certified Appraiser/Manufactured Homes - Ext. 1 - Email
Victoria Sedillo - Business Personal Property/Livestock - Ext. 6 - Email
D’aun Zamora - Property Deed Clerk - Ext. 2 - Email
Ray Cullin - CAMA/Database Administrator - Ext. 9 - Email
Vacant - Reappraisal Clerk -
Ruben Gastelum - GIS-GPS Analyst/Rural Addressing - Ext. 3 - Email
Rural Addressing - For more information - Click Here
Torrance County Assessors Office
PO BOX 258
205 9th Street
Estancia New Mexico, 87016
Phone: (505) 246-4727
Fax: (505) 384-4362
Monday - Thursday 7:30am to 5:30pm
Example Of Calculating Applicable Tax
The Estimated Property Tax Levy is calculated using the stated price and estimates of the applicable tax rates. The County Assessor is required by law to value the property at its current and correct value, which may differ from the listed price. Further the estimated tax rates may be higher or lower than those that will actually be imposed. Accordingly, the actual Property Tax levied may be higher or lower than the estimated amount. New Mexico law requires your real estate Broker or agent to provide you an Estimate Property Tax Levy on the Property on which you have submitted or intend to submit an Offer to Purchase. Torrance County Assessor having complied with these disclosure requirements shall be immune from liability arising from suit relating to the Estimated Property Tax Levy.
|Full Value Of Property||Total Assessed Value||$ 100,000|
|Calculate Taxable Value||Total Assessed Value / 3
$ 100,000 / 3
|Subtract Exemptions||Head of Family = $ 2,000
Veterans Exemption = $ 4,000
$2,000 + $4,0000 = $ 6,000
|- $ 6,000|
|Net Taxable Value||$ 27,333|
|Calculate Total Taxes Owed||Net Taxable Value x Mil Rate
$ 27,333 x 0.026507
Click Here “Tax Rates 2014-2013 Comparision" (PDF) for all tax rates in Torrance County.
Click Here For More Information on Obtaining a "Tax-Release" for Manufactured Housing
Important Department Downloads
- State of NM Taxation and Revenue Department
- State of NM Property Tax Division
- State of NM Construction and Manufactured Housing
- State of NM Department Of Veterans' Services
- State of NM Property Tax Division Published Maps
- Delinquent Property Tax - Upcoming Auctions