- Boards & Committees
- Contact Us
- COVID-19 Resources
The Human Resources Department will take a leadership role to provide service in support of the county by promoting the concept that our employees are our most valuable resource.
The Human Resources Department will do this by:
• Ensuring the employees of the Human Resources Department are provided the tools, training and motivation to operate in the most efficient and effective manner.
• Recruiting and developing a qualified workforce recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the workplace.
• Promoting a friendly atmosphere by valuing the needs of every customer.
• Establishing, implementing administering and effectively communicating sound policies, procedures, rules and practices that treat employees with respect and equality.
• Maintaining county compliance with employment and labor laws, organizational directives and collective bargaining agreements.
Recruit and retain a talented workforce essential to providing the county's high-quality services.
Provide training programs to improve efficiency, morale and overall ability to serve the public through prudent training and educational assistance investments.
Provide guidance and support to all activities concerning human resources; including discussion and policy development and initiation of approved policies, practices and procedures.
Ensure that the county is complying with employment laws.
Torrance County Human Resources
PO BOX 48
205 S Ninth Street
Estancia New Mexico, 87016
Monday - Thursday 7:30am to 5:30pm MST
Kristin Oliver, CPO
NM Certified Public Official
Human Resources Director
ADA Coordinator Assistant